Monday, November 2, 2015

Ladies Week & MAD Rave Week

I know I am behind on my blog but the last two weeks were busy! But they were amazing!!

Ladies week:
It was a wonderful time to connect with each other and learn more about being soft and strong women of Faith!

Monday we got up and had breakfast and had one teaching from Auntie Pam then went to a park. We had a picnic and enjoyed the great outdoors with each other. After we ate, we had time to wander around and my friends and I took pictures and walked in the little river. It was tons of fun! We even made bracelets in the park. Later we had a yoga class and then after dinner we watched Becoming Jane and had delicious dessert!

Tuesday the morning routine was very similar, except we did not have a teaching in the morning. Then we went hiking at Fairie Glen! This was also amazing and of course we took more pictures!! After the hike, we came back for lunch and had most of the afternoon to chill. We also had a "practical" session, Carin came and taught us how to make malva pudding! It was so fun and now I can make it back in Texas! Also, more people came and shared their testimonies and gave encouragement and we had a Q&A session. After dinner we watched the first episode of the series Sherlock.

Wednesday morning Auntie Pam's niece came and talked about incredible things and about being a woman of faith. She has even written a book! After lunch we had another session and then we did aerobics...in the rain! Ok, it wasn't actually raining that much but it made it very fun! We had another session in the evening, after dinner.

Thursday we had more sessions about prayer. After lunch we went to Jam & Daisies for tea and cake! We all got dressed up and fancy. We took tons of pictures there too! When we got home we had the rest of the afternoon to chill and then we had dinner. After dinner we had a Q&A session with some of the guy leaders in the church.

Friday was the last day of Ladies Week and we finished strong. Raquel talked for a bit and then we got to listen to music and chill while we colored. It was actually quite relaxing to just sit and chat and color. The guys came back around lunch time and so we cleaned up the houses and settled back into our normal rooms. I also finally received a package my mom sent me from home!! It was a perfect way to end the week.

Saturday was quite average and it was also an off-weekend so lots of people went home. I went to Cum Books, a Christian book store, and then we all watched season three of Arrow. It is so so so good.

Sunday was more of the same. However, in the evening, I got to go out with the Noviskie's! We arranged to pick up the two German volunteers from Abba House and then eat at Ed's Diner. The food was delicious and the milkshakes were wonderful but the time together was even better. It is so easy to connect with them!

Monday I got to go to Berakah again with Chandra! Because it was an off-weekend, we did not have class on Monday. We went and it was great! The kiddos are starting to learn my name now so I hear "Mamma Sarah" instead of "Mamma Chandra" when I go. It always warms my heart to see their smiling faces. When we got back I got to stay and have lunch with the Noviskie's. They also had some co-workers over to honor them for helping Berakah. We had a delicious Mexican meal! Enchilada casserole, rice, beans, guacamole(that I made!), chips, and salsa. It was so awesome. Chandra even let me take the left over chips and salsa home so I could let my friends taste it!

MAD Rave Week:
Tuesday classes began again. The mid-years split up from everyone so we could focus on preparing for outreach. This whole week was dedicated to coming up with ministry dances, songs, games, and ice-breakers to use on outreaches. The first day we came up with our team drama, and kid songs. After class I had some time in the study center and then we had fitness and dinner. Then after duties we had our salsa party!! My friends came into my room and we all had chips and salsa. They all thought it was good...but too spicy. haha! We had to eat the skittles my mom sent to cool off.

Wednesday we had Walk the Word on Revelation. Then we came up with the ladies dance and the guys came up with their dance/drama. And we also finished up more of the kid songs. Because we got most of it finished, they told us we would go on a picnic the next day! So after class I went to Waterglen to get my picnic food. Later we had dinner and then we went to the worship rehearsal and then to the seeking session. The last thing I had to do was write out my testimony to finish outreach prep.

Thursday we handed in our written testimony and reviewed all the dances and dramas we had come up with. Then it was picnic time! We went to the Union Buildings and sat under a tree and just chilled. It was a nice way to end the week of preparation. After we came back, Ntsako and I jammed out and karaoke sang random songs. It was tons of fun! For fitness, we went on a walk. Then I went to get dinner from Steers with Kerry. Later I got to talk to Christy because she got engaged!! I am so excited for her and Chase and I can't wait to start helping with wedding prep!! Then a bunch of us were just chilling in the room and Ntsako braided my hair and people were also jamming out in the lounge. It was a great way to end the day.

Friday we had plotties in the morning. Ntsako and I were running around putting pegs(clothes pins) on people and it was so so funny! Joely taught me well :) Then we had community project and for the first half we were on garden duty. We were digging holes for a future garden. The last half we got to switch and go weed. In the afternoon we went to apologetics class and we talked about suffering. It was a very good discussion. After dinner, Meghan, Ntsako, and I sat outside and talked. Then we decided to make sugar cookies. It was so fun and they turned out pretty good.

Saturday, Lisa, Nomvula, Meghan, Ntsako, and I got up early and went to Menlyn. We went in search of outfits for the end-year function which is next week. We went in several stores, tried on stuff just for fun and Ntsako found a dress for me. We had tons of fun! I think we spent almost five hours in the mall! We were exhausted and we did not want to walk home, so we called a taxi. It was so worth it. When we got home Ntsako and I tried to find the A&E version of Pride and Prejudice but it would not load. But never fear, we shall watch it before the year ends! I got to call my parents and then before I knew it, the day was over.

Sunday we had a guest speaker at church and he was great! We all got on our knees and prayed for rain and then he talked about Defeating Anxiety. It was an incredible and encouraging and powerful message. Also it was my brother's birthday!! In the afternoon, Jenny, Meghan, Ntsako, and I went to Menlyn for a movie. We walked back in time for the evening service. Afterwards, we came home and we jammed out once again karaoke style until duties time.

These past two weeks were really really great!! I can't believe how fast time has been flying since I've been here. We have three more weeks left and I will get to go on a three-day outreach in that time. I am really looking forward to what God will do!!

--sea'sadventures--


No comments:

Post a Comment