Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Biblical Worldview Week 2

Sorry it's taken me a long time to update, but this was last week for me!

Monday was quite a long day! We finished the Nation Changers videos with Dr. Graham then we watched some Francis Shaeffer videos. In the afternoon we had Apologetics class about Miracles. We had great discussion and teaching on that topic. Then for flock we watched a movie about sisters and it made me miss my sisters!

Tuesday was another great day of class and we discussed articles and movies. I had a mostly chilled afternoon and then I cooked dinner with Chloe! We made a delicious meal! After dinner I went with a few people to get ice cream from KFC. We had a fun time.

Wednesday we began with Walk the Word on the book of James. Then Michael Neumann taught about Engaging/Discerning movies. Then we got to watch Bruce Almighty! After lunch I took a nap and it was nice and cold outside because it was about to rain. Then I went up to the church for a meeting about Hot Chocolate Circles which I had volunteered to help at. All the YOYL students had to do was lead a small group in a 15-20 minute discussion and drink hot chocolate! For dinner, KerryAnn, Chloe, Natalie, and Nonto and I went to a Chinese place which was really delicious.

Thursday was the last day of class for the week! Delwyn taught us and we had awesome discussions! We talked about practical theology and that was really intriguing and helpful. After class we had chapel and then community lunch. Later, Ntsako, Nomvula, Meghan, and I made pancakes. I realized that American pancakes are not the same as South African pancakes. We ended up making both but SA pancakes are more like crepes. For fitness, all the ladies went on a walk. Later I got culturized to Afrikaans music! It's got it's own unique sound and I kinda like it. It rained really hard and it even hailed!

Friday we had plotties and community project. I jammed out to the Beach Boys while cleaning because I was wearing my Hawaiian shirt, it just felt right. Then we re-arranged the lounge for ladies week and did some more prep for that. After dinner we played Mafia and it was tons of fun!

Saturday I woke up and went to do the Hot Chocolate Circles and it was so cool! My group of girls were very talkative so that made my job easier. They were incredibly sweet and excited about the day. On the way back we all rode in the back of Johan's truck. When I got back a few people were cooking and so I ate a bit and then I was introduced to Trevor Noah. Not literally. He is a South African comedian and so we watched two of his shows. He is hilarious! I didn't understand all the references but it was still great. Later I got to call my parents and chat with them for awhile, and I even got to talk to two of my youth pastor's kids!

Sunday was the first day of Ladies Week! We didn't go to church, instead we all packed up and went to Lydia's house to swim and play pool and ping pong and just chill. We even watched a movie and we hung out for the morning. By the time we got back it was lunch time and Emmanuel House was all decorated! All the girls moved into Potters and so we had time to adjust and move our stuff to different rooms. The guys left and so we've got the houses to ourselves!! After dinner, Auntie Pam came and talked about dignity and she asked up to talk about what it is like to be a woman in today's society. It got me really pumped up for the week!! Then we watched an episode of Sherlock and we had dessert.

--sea'sadventures--

No comments:

Post a Comment