Sunday, November 22, 2015

Final Week!

This week was crazy! The first half of the week, us mid-years had class. Then we got to join the full-years for the last day. And the weekend was full of activities and goodbyes :( But I am so thankful to have met these wonderful people and I can't wait to hear about what they do in the year after YOYL.

Monday we had devotions altogether and then I went to class: Sex, Dating, and Relating. We watched a teaching from Andy Stanley's series called "Love, Sex, and Dating". It was very good. Unfortunately after the tea break, the computer was no longer working so we got out early! My favorite line from the teaching was "Are you the person you're looking for is looking for?" It definitely changed the way I look at dating and "finding" the right person. Instead, you have to become the right person! After class I grabbed lunch at Cafe Andante. I spent some time in the study center in the afternoon and then hung out with Ntsako and Meghan. We went to Waterglen to buy gifts for our secret santas. Then there was dinner as usual.

Tuesday was a fun day! I started the morning with my own personal devotions and then went to class. We watched another of Andy Stanley's teachings and a teaching from an Australian guy. After class, Nomvula, Lorika, and I hung out in Emmanuel House for a while. Then I got to hang out with the Noviskies! We went to the Brooklyn Mall for ice cream! It was so nice to see them and spend time with them. After dinner, we did mini-plotties instead of regular duties. We had to clean our rooms and bathrooms and then the rest of the house. We had to wipe down the walls and the skirting, and we began the process of cleaning the curtains.

3D Art in Brooklyn Mall
Wednesday was our last day of class for the term. We finished the Andy Stanley series which I believe was absolutely incredible. Afterwards I went to the training center to print off some stuff and then headed to the house. I began washing my clothes so I could start packing up. Later I began cooking dinner. After dinner, we had house time. This is where the secret santas came in. First we had a prophecy/encouragement circle and then we got time to talk to everyone and say our favorite memory or something we will miss about them next year. It was a very sweet time and the house was full of people chatting, laughing, crying and just spending some family time with each other. Then we all got to open our secret santa gifts! We also had waffles with whipped cream. After awhile, we all started throwing cream at each other and once that ran out, we resorted to using flour. It was so much fun! The aftermath was extremely messy, so we had duties and cleaned up.

Thursday everyone was together for "class". We sat in a huge circle and told our "warmest" moments. In the beginning of the year everyone shares their "coldest" moment and so to end the year we share our favorite moments! It was amazing to hear everyone's encounters with God, and their favorite memories with their friends. I know I will cherish all the memories I have made!! Then we had chapel and community lunch. We got pizza for lunch! Nothing happened until later, when we had our final fitness. Guys and girls were altogether and it was actually optional. But we played a game of volleyball, Potters house vs. Emmanuel house. We didn't actually keep score, but I'm sure Potters won! Then we had super and later a group played mafia.

Friday we had plotties and everyone had to clean out their cupboards and begin packing. I had a meeting up at the church about graduation and what my serving duty would be. Once the house was all clean, I went to Menlyn with Ntsako and Nonto for last minute gifts. While we were there we ran into Meghan and Lorika. We had a fun time! Later we had a combined final house time with Potters and Emmanuel. It was awesome! We took the couches outside and sat in a huge circle and ate and then shared something about ourselves that no one knew. Then we played a few games of Murder in the Dark. I spent the "final" night in Ntsako's room.

Saturday morning was graduation! Everyone looked so so nice! My service duty was to put the coffee and tea out 15 minutes before graduation was over. Minx, Nonto, and I took care of that and then once it was over I got to meet my friends' families. It was very nice and we took some pictures and ate as much of the snack food that we could. Ntsako, Meghan, and I watched movies when we got back to the house and then later we had dinner at KFC. A lot of people left after graduation so the house was very empty and quiet.

Sunday morning Ntsako left. We all got up and said bye before we got ready for church. I didn't cry...very much. Then the remaining group of people here went to church. After church I said bye to Meghan and Lorika. For most of the afternoon I just made sure I had all my stuff in order, since we had to be out of the houses on Monday by 1. Then in the evening I went to the Young Adults service and met Lanina and Jonas (German volunteers at Abba house) there! It was so nice to introduce them to our church. They really enjoyed it too! After service we chatted until they started packing up. When I came home I got a chance to call my parents and do some last minute laundry.

It was an amazing final week and I'm looking forward to the next half of the year! But for now it's time to go home and spend time with family and friends!!


--sea'sadventures--

No comments:

Post a Comment