Monday, October 12, 2015

Nation Changers Week 1

This week we began talking about Biblical Worldview aka Nation Changers. I love it so far! It is incredible how much you need to understand about culture and worldview in order to make a change in a nation. But it starts with us and we can make that change!

Monday was still off so I had time to re-settle in to my room. Each term we change to rooms, so I have two different room mates. I was lucky enough to stay in my room so I did not have to take everything out and re-arrange. Later I went to Waterglen with Jenny and we talked about our holidays and this next term.

Tuesday was the first day of class! We watched some news clips and then discussed them. I got lunch from Café Andante and then chilled in the study center for a bit in the afternoon. We had flock in Menlyn and we went bowling. Then we got ice cream and chilled. It was good to spend time with everyone and catch up after the break.

Wednesday was another great day of class. South Africa also played USA in rugby and totally destroyed them! Which I am completely fine with because I really wasn't aware that America had a rugby team and I would've been even more surprised if we were any good. Then I went to the soaking session and it was amazing as always!

Thursday morning we had a meeting about this term and end of the year stuff for the full years. Then we had a shorter class session and then chapel. Chapel was amazing! Richard Lewis, a pianist from the UK, has been here this week and he led worship and it was a great first chapel of the term! Auntie Pam talked about Adventures in the Spirit. In the afternoon we all chilled outside and it almost rained.
Someone even did my hair all pretty!!

Friday we had plotties and community project/weeding in the morning. Then in the afternoon I chilled and then fixed dinner for the house. That was another fun time! I used the last of the taco seasoning I brought :( but it was delicious!! I'm still really missing my Tex-Mex food though! After dinner, a few of us girls sat outside and talked. It was a great time!

Saturday I got up early to go to Menlyn with Meghan, Nomvula, Ntsako, and Lisa. WE HAD A BLAST! We went into nice stores and tried on beautiful and ugly dresses. We even met a famous singer, Zonke, at Musica! She is very sweet! Then when we got back I got to talk to my mom for a little bit. We haven't really experienced many technical difficulties but we did this time. But we sorted it out and still got a nice chat. Later I watched October Baby with Erin, Jade, and Mariette. We had it all set up and watched it outside and that was so cool!! This movie makes me cry every time!

Sunday we all went to church and heard from a guest speaker. David Demian brought an amazing word about the Lord's Dwelling place and allowing the Holy Spirit's plan to be our only plan...no plan B or C. It was very awesome to hear him speak. Then I came home and relaxed until evening service.  David Demian spoke again and it was powerful! There was an incredible worship time and then straight into the word. He spoke again about the Lord dwelling in us not just visit!! He also gave a powerful prophecy over South Africa and Hatfield Christian Church. It was amazing to be a part of that and to hear about all the amazing things God is stirring up! I can already tell God is moving in new and different ways.



--sea'sadventures--

No comments:

Post a Comment