Monday, August 24, 2015

LTS Week 3

Monday began like normal. LTS in the morning and then a relaxed afternoon. I helped cook dinner and I did not have to do much but it was very good! After dinner all the girls had flock time together at Cappuccino's. I got some cinnamon tea which was delicious!!

Tuesday & Wednesday were similar in that they were regular days. LTS in the morning, chill time in the afternoon, and evening fun in the house.

Thursday was the last day of LTS for the week. After LTS we had chapel and then community lunch. At community lunch we had fat cakes and pasta! It was soooooo delicious! Fat cakes are essentially deep fried sandwiches which I know doesn't actually sound good but it is amazing. After lunch I went back to the house to begin preparing dinner. I cooked lamb for the first time ever!



















Friday was very awesome! We had plotties (spring cleaning) in the morning. I cleaned the bathrooms and then helped re-arrange the lounge area. When we finish we usually have community project, but there was no community project! So we had the rest of the afternoon to chill. Then the guys began a braii. A braii is the African version of an American BBQ. Everyone asked me if it was better than a BBQ but I just don't think you can compare the two! The braii was amazing!! The guys even set up tables inside with roses and candles. For the rest of the evening they served the ladies. It was so sweet! I know I felt incredibly appreciated and I'm sure everyone else did as well. Then we had time to minister and pray for each other. It was such a sweet experience and it made me even more thankful to be living with all these people. Even is so open to what God wants to do in our lives and it is amazing.




















Saturday I got to chill and I sat up on the hill for most of the day just enjoying the weather and beautiful day that it was. Later I got to chat with my parents. Then in the afternoon we had a talent show in the chapel. It was so incredible to see all the students present their God-given talents!! I am surrounded by super-stars y'all!

Sunday was absolutely amazing!! I got to spend the day with a bunch of Texans! The Noviskie family picked me up and took me to Hatfield Christian Church South campus where Duane White was preaching. It was an absolutely powerful message!! I felt right at home there. After the service I got to hang out with the Whites and the other two couples that came from Texas. We had a delicious lunch and blessed conversations. I was so so so thankful that I got to meet these new people and hear a friendly accent. When I got back I had a little bit of time to relax until evening service.



It was a fantastic week and I am looking forward to the last week of LTS!

No comments:

Post a Comment