Sunday, August 16, 2015

LTS Week 2

This week was very nice!

Monday was a public holiday in honor of Women's Day! GO WOMEN! There were no classes so I got to sleep in which is always nice. The morning was very relaxed and I had time to write out my LTS homework (I finished it and I promise I did not wait until the last minute to do it). In the afternoon there was a Heartbeat Social. Heartbeat is the women's group at the church. At this social we learned self-defense! I went with Meghan, Nonto, and Nomvula and we had a great time! We were definitely wanting to learn the cool karate moves but we were taught valuable skills and techniques. After Heartbeat, Daniel took us mid-years out to Cappuccino's. This is a lovely restaurant that has a wide variety of food to choose from (quesadillas, seafood, steak, pizza, pasta, burgers, etc.) I got a delicious Stromboli and we had some more bonding time. And when we got back there was a little bit of chill time and then duties!
(big birds that hang around the church)

Tuesday we started back up with LTS. And let me tell you what, it just keeps getting better and better. In the morning, on the way to class, I already felt empowered and ready to face the day. During LTS we focused on Hebrews 6:1-3 and talking about the Work and the Way of the cross. I again felt empowered after the days sessions! It is truly an amazing and wonderful thing to be learning and receiving in this atmosphere. After class I was super blessed because I got to have lunch with Dr. Graham and Marie! They are so wonderful and caring. We got to chat and I was comforted knowing that they wanted to make sure I was settling in well and getting used to South Africa. The rest of the afternoon I had time to rest and reflect on what I learned. We also had flock time in the evening. My flock just chatted, and when we finished I joined another flock and "helped" them with a pudding they made. It turned out different than they said it should've but it was still delicious!

Wednesday The Church Network conference began but I did not help at it because I had LTS in the morning. After lunch, I went to Waterglen with the mid-year girls. When I got back I helped Daniel cook dinner. It was a very nice and relaxed day!

Thursday, class was in the afternoon. I got to sleep in which was soooooo very nice. Nothing else extremely important happened.

Friday we had LTS in the morning like usual. For those of you who have done LTS, we watched the video about holding the key to your own happiness. It was very good!! After class, I helped shop for the house. It took two hours, but we got all the groceries for Emmanuel and Potter's house. Friday night was full of adventure and jamming and late night talks with my friends! We had amazing time and it was a great start to the weekend!

Saturday was fairly uneventful as far as stuff going on here. But I did get to talk with my parents and that was very very nice.

Sunday was awesome! I went to church in the morning and afterwards Minx got baptized! We headed over to the Function hall where she got baptized and when we were waiting, Nsako was talking about how she hasn't been baptized so a guy grabbed her hand and led her up to get baptized! It was so spontaneous but it was great! Then we chilled until the evening service. Evening service was great and we talked about experiencing God. It just made me more excited to experience God here in new ways!

I am more and more excited about the things I am getting to do here! And the new friendships I am developing are going to last a lifetime. New adventures and memories are in the making!!


No comments:

Post a Comment