Sunday, September 13, 2015

Hearing God's Voice

This week we started a class about hearing God's voice!

Monday was the first lesson and Auntie Pam taught us first. Then Ester taught another lesson. They both involved looking at pictures and waiting and listening to what God wants to tell us through the picture. We got a chance to pick a picture for ourselves and write what the Lord told us and then we picked a picture for someone else and wrote something from the Lord for them. It was very cool to get the chance to minister and be ministered to in class. Then I went to Waterglen with Minx and Nonto the two mid-year girls. Later I got most of my stuff ready to move back into Potters house!

Tuesday Ester and Auntie Pam taught us again. We learned about lecto divino and then inward, outward, and community disciplines. These we probably my favorite teachings. Then on the way home it started raining! I had to run home because my clothes were outside on the line! And of course, as soon as I get half my clothes off, it stops raining. It was a nice five minute rain so I got to leave the rest of my clothes outside. After lunch I officially moved all my stuff back into Potters and we cleaned the house so when the outreach teams got home it would be nice. We had silent evening so, after announcements we had to be completely silent until class the next day. It was very very nice. I had extra time (and quiet time) to do my devotions. 

Wednesday a few different people spoke to us in class about how God speaks to them in different ways. The outreach teams came home in the afternoon!! It was so awesome to have them back and I missed them so much! I got to hear a lot of their stories until the soaking session at church which was very good. 

Thursday during class we exercised how five senses and the point was that God can speak to us through every sense! After class we had time to relax before chapel. Later in the afternoon we had fitness and we played baseball which was a lot of fun! Then a lot of us went to a concert at the church. It was one of the church member's orchestra. We had fun even though it was more of a rehearsal performance. 

Friday we did plotties! Then for community project we weeded the vegetable garden. It was nice and sunny and hot outside. Later I got to chat with my dear friend Christy! 

Saturday was very chill. I slept in and then relaxed until a group of us went to Menlyn Mall. We had fun walking around and we ate at a place called Parrots. When I got home I got to call my Mom and Joely and Mati. It is always so nice to talk with them! 

Sunday morning Stuart Bell preached again and it was a very encouraging message! After the service I came home and got to chat with my Dad. Then I had a lot of free time until the evening service. The evening service was very powerful! We talked about sonship vs. slavery and then being heirs. It was incredible and I can't believe how much I am absorbing here! 

It's been a fantastic week!


--sea'sadventures--

No comments:

Post a Comment