Monday, February 22, 2016

LTS Week 3

LTS Week Three! I can not believe time has been going by so fast!! But it has been absolutely amazing!

Monday: LTS started back up. We watched two video teachings from Robert Morris which was really cool for me! After class, we had a YOYL meeting regarding flocks. Everyone got to find out who their flock leader is and who is in their flock! After the meeting, Wesley took Lesinda and I to take Humphrey to an animal shelter. So, he is alive but in a better place that can care for him (since we aren't allowed to have pets). When we got back, we had time to chill before supper and I got to call Big Joe! Then after dinner, there was a Young Adult Heartbeat (ladies ministry) social. It was a Mexican Fiesta! A group of girls from YOYL went and we made it a fun time. We left a little early and sat on the hill and chatted about life. It was so nice to spend time with my sisters!

Tuesday: LTS was fantastic again. We started talked about how God sees relationships, not just marriage, but friendships too. After class I took care of some stuff with the IT department, and then printed off a baby picture of myself for our house's fridge. I don't really know why we are doing this but I think it's so it more familial. After lunch, Victoria, Celine, Yolandi, and Lesinda and I had an art party outside! A few more people joined us. It was so nice!! Everyone is so uniquely creative! We had a delicious supper and then I had a conversation about politics and then a few of us girls discussed relationships and what we are going over in LTS. This group of YOYLers are so awesome to connect with!

Wednesday: LTS continued with the theme of relationships. Afterwards, we could go to Waterglen if we needed to and I went with a group. Later I read on the hill, until some people started to play Ultimate Frisbee so I joined them. That was really fun, especially because it started raining on us! The evening was a normal Wednesday.

Thursday: Last day of LTS for the week! It was great, and we had flock time afterwards. Nothing too exciting happened, but we did have fitness in the afternoon. We took a lekker (Afrikaans for good, or nice) walk! It was tons of fun!! Lesinda and I took videos on each others phone so we could have them forever. Then we had a delicious dinner and then I had my counseling session. It is mandatory for everyone to have counseling during LTS. It went very well!

Friday: Plotties day! I am on the wash-up team this week and we had tons of fun! After plotties, we did not have a community project so I got cleaned up to go to Menlyn. At Menlyn, Yolandi, Lesinda and I had a lot of fun going to tons of different shops and I finally bought a fan for our room! On the way back, we rode in the back of the truck which was quite an experience. Then I helped Emmanuel house make tortillas for their supper. After dinner, we gave Sally a surprise wedding shower! She did YOYL a few years ago and then she did MTS. It was so fun!

Saturday: A lot of us girls got up to help Sally set stuff up for her wedding. After we finished that, we got ready for the wedding! It was a beautiful ceremony. Later it began to rain, so the YOYL went back up to help move the reception inside the Function Hall. It was actually really fun! Then we had a fun evening of fellowship, people were braiing and playing games in the community and it was a great end to the day.

Sunday: Church in the morning, then I napped most of the afternoon, until church in the evening. A nice and restful Sunday to get ready for the last week of LTS!

I am also super excited that I can finally talk about the Mid-Years outreach! We will be going to Cape Town with Cuan and Raquel to do our outreach. I'm still not sure about all the details, but it will be a time to be a tourist and also share our testimonies to those we visit. Please keep my team in your prayers. This is a very unique trip and I am so thankful for the opportunity!!

--sea'sadventures--




No comments:

Post a Comment