Thursday, February 18, 2016

LTS Week 2

Sorry y'all! I haven't gotten back in to the habit of blogging weekly!! Soon I'll return to that routine. So I guess I need to finish last week!

Thursday: LTS was great! Then we had flock time after class. In the afternoon I had time to blog for the first time since I've been here. Then we had fitness and it began to rain a little so it was cut short. Then we had supper, and after that Victoria, Lesinda, and I started to play volleyball outside. More people joined us. It really started to rain but that made it even more fun!

Friday: Lesinda and I got to go shopping for our Kitchen plotties duty! We had SO much fun. We got back in time to unload and then freshen up to go back to Menlyn with everyone else. We had two hours to do what we needed to do. When we got back, we chilled and talked about our experiences so far here at Hatfield. Sonika and I made supper. Then it was a normal, relaxed evening.

Saturday: I had YA server training, so I got up and went to the meeting. It was lots of fun and I got to meet more people! We got to brainstorm some ideas to implement into Connect. Later, Enrico's mom had made a cake for our house, so we got to eat that. It. Was. Amazing. Then Lesinda and I went up to the church grounds to sit and chill and draw and sketch. Then it was stormy and there was a full double rainbow! Then we had supper and our social. We had burgers and we watched "The Intern".

Sunday: Service was amazing! During worship someone started a conga line and everyone was ecstatic. It was a beautiful time in worship and then the message was also amazing. Nothing too exciting happened in the afternoon. I went up early to serve for the YA service. It was really fun! And at Connect I saw Jainina! She's one of the volunteers from Abba house. It was so nice to run into her, and neither of us expected to see the other. I got to re-introduce her to people.

Monday: LTS was great, as always. There was an opportunity for people to be baptized in the Holy Spirit and it was amazing to witness that! After class I finished my book, and then began cooking supper. Then it stormed again, so I sat outside and enjoyed that.

Tuesday: LTS was about the root and fruit of pride, which is an amazing session. Then Marco, Enrico, Lesinda, and Marcus and I went and played tennis. It was so fun! Then it was another fun evening of getting to know people in the house and just spend time with some people.

Wednesday: In the morning before class, we took pics for our student card. Then LTS was great again! Then Lesinda and I cooked supper. We started early so I could make tortillas. Everyone really enjoyed it! Then we had house time. We played games and then we wrote letters to God to open at the end of the year. It was a really great time.

Thursday: LTS was all about deliverance so it was a very intense session. Afterward, we had time to have personal prayer with a leader. Then we had flock time. After that I had time to do my homework, however we had to be out of the house so they could spray for bugs. So I did my homework in the chapel. When I finished I relaxed in Emmanuel house until it was ok to go back into Potters. We had fitness and then supper. Later, a group of us went to play tennis! I am so thankful these guys enjoy tennis!! It was so fun! In the evening, I practiced my Afrikaans with Lesinda. I know how to ask someone to make me coffee, so I asked someone and they did!! My friends tell me I sound French when I speak Afrikaans.

Meghan!
Friday: Our "normal" schedule for Fridays was a little different because the YOYLers had the opportunity to be baptized. Those who had decided to make that commitment for the first time (or again) got to have a funeral! We celebrated new life with them and then continued the regular plotties. For the rest of the day, everyone chilled and got ready for the Passion concert!! Emile's dad drove Lesinda, Emile, and I. It was raining and even started hailing on the way there, but that did not damped our spirit! I had gotten a ticket to sit in the student pitch, so I sat with some of the YOYL leaders in the third row. Yes! The third row. It's the closest I've ever sat at a concert! The time of worship was absolutely amazing! It was also the first time I'd ever seen Chris Tomlin live, then Tedashii (a Christian rapper) came out and performed. Then Louie Giglio preached, which was also amazing. Especially since his message was pretty much the first two weeks of LTS all summed up. Then we got on our knees and prayed for the nation of South Africa. That was an incredibly beautiful moment, and I was so thankful to be a part of it. Another exciting thing was, I got to see Meghan!! She came to Pretoria from Namibia for the Passion concert! It was such a blessing to see her again!

Saturday: We did not get to sleep in that much because the leaders gave us a surprise breakfast picnic! It was so nice! Then we had most of the day to chill. At three the ladies went up to the church to do our nails, and hair, and make-up. Just to pamper ourselves on Valentine's weekend. Little did we know, the guys were busy preparing a dinner for us! When we returned, there were tables set up outside and the guys were all dressed up. So we had time to change clothes and then be served a delicious dinner. There was even live music from our very talented YOYL guys. Throughout the night we took TONS of pics...if you don't believe me I'll show you all 400 on my phone. (Don't worry, I've deleted some by now). It was lovely and at the end of the day I got to call my parents.
All the Ladies :) 

Sunday: Ah! Valentine's Day! It was a normal Sunday...EXCEPT after church Lesinda, Josh, and I adopted a baby bird! His name is Humphrey. A little kid found him on the church property and we took him in. We managed to keep him alive all day and through the night and Monday (with lots of help from Nanny Sonika, Uncle Jacques, and God-Mother Camille. Shout-out to y'all for helping!) Then there was evening service as usual. We had a really good time at Connect too!!





















So it was a fantastic week!

--sea'sadventures--

No comments:

Post a Comment